Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

01/01/2016

New year musings♥

  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  
Thank you everyone who has popped in to say hello and leave comments over 2015, 
your involvement with my little corner of the world has been greatly appreciated.
I was delighted when I received  'Happy New Year' wishes from so many of you - again, thank you for thinking of me,
 I was certainly thinking of you too xx
Sitting on the floor blogging - 
a good place - the floor, 
large enough to sprawl, comfortable enough to be...well...comfortable, 
I am thinking on new beginnings.
Inspiration. 
On spring. 
On sunshine.
I briefly had a spell of energy and started to clean madly - fortunately for everyone, 
it only lasted a couple of hours then I returned to my normally less frenzied state.  
Not sure where the urge to blitz the house came from 
seeing how late we were up last night waiting to greet 2016!
I certainly plan to craft more, knit more, crochet again. 
I am going to make a determined attempted to be less stressed, less tired 
and learn to say 'no' more often and having said 'no' feel less guilty. 
I want more space to breathe. 
I know, I know - a lot of 'I wants' but I think that if I can attempt these, 
then I will be a better person, 
a nicer person to be around.

And you?
Any plans to make more space in your life?
Any plans to breathe more easily? Feel more at ease?
Craft more?
Stress less?

But more than anything, 
I would love 2016 to slow down, 
let me keep up 
and to be a peaceful, 
gentle year with more kindness, 
more tolerance and more love.

♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
And yes, that cat is sitting on my knitting - I like to think of it as a seal of approval.

Blessings xxxx

15 comments:

  1. I know where you are coming from! 2015 was a strange year for me and 2016 has to be 'better', ie more craft time, more me time, more oh so much more slowing down.... Ask me in 12 months' time if I achieved this.... then we can laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading your blog this year (apologies for not commenting that often), and find lots of things you do very inspiring.

    I know what you mean about wanting it all to slow down ... that's my approach to life in 2016 - do less, enjoy it more!

    Wishing you and your family a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a year with more kindness, tolerance, love and breathing space sounds perfect xxx may it bring you much happiness x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to timetable 10 completely quiet minutes a day to just stop and be at one with the breath. It should be achieveable I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more. More crafting, more pottering in the garden and hopefully a healthy, peaceful, happy year for us all.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree entirely with those thoughts and even though I don't work, everything seems more stressful these days. I often wonder if it has something to do with all the turmoil worldwide and media hype about everything "bad". Your wants aren't unreasonable. We all need to sit back, breathe, do, and relax when we can. Your posts are witty, thoughtful and clever,such good reading. Look forward to seeing how you go about all this.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2016! Hope your family has a blessed and joyful new year!
    The cat is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny I was trying to do a fairly good clean today too...must be the need to start the year out on a clean slate! Hope this year finds you engulphed in many creative endevours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I plan to take each day as it comes to hope the year goes slightly slower this year!
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my Christmas tree, it's always the first thing I put up and the last I take down and only then do I attempt to clean, so that's tomorrow sorted. We've taken the cards down and chopped them up for gift tags.

    I would like life to be slower but I never quite manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year my lovely!
    I agree with the slowing down, I want to take note of the beautiful things in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just found your lovely blog and look forward to reading more in 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am with you 100%. Oh for everything to slow down and to nurture the ability not just to say no but to not feel guilty doing so.
    Here's to 2016 and it's slow amble through the forthcoming seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a lovely home and a lovely cat too! Happy 2016!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.