Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

03/03/2013

It's been a good weekend

No - it really, it really has been. It started on Friday.

Well, let me start again, it was Eldest's 15th birthday on Saturday and as per family tradition - the weekend, the ENTIRE weekend belongs to the birthday person. So, on Friday we threw a surprise party for him. We had all his favourite foods and Granny supplied a delicious Victoria Sponge which we filled with candles.

The next day - Saturday, his birthday - was an early start, as I was actually working. So we got up, a quick breakfast and then he opened his presents. I had to rush off and had what must class as one of the busiest days so far at work I have ever had to do - and funnily enough I really enjoyed it :)

By lunch time, the veterinary surgery doors were closed and my boys landed - for celebrations part 2!

We had a wonderful picnic munching our way through the left overs from last night's feasting sitting at 'The Pound' a converted ancient stray animal compound - now a lovely little rustic picnic area.
Then, replete, we set off for a really enjoyable yomp over the hills. And -  nearly 13 miles later - we happily collapsed back at the car - tired out.


Once home, we turned into couch potatoes and watched one of Eldest birthday DVDs and pigged out on birthday cake and pots of tea - yum.

Sunday dawned a little grey and less springlike but the birthday celebrations continued. We had a quick early breakfast and went out for a caching walk. We had spotted a set of 'caches' that were so new that they had not been found yet. We decided that we would try and bag them as a birthday bonus. When we returned we had worked up such an appetite from all the fresh air it seemed quite natural to have a second more leisurely breakfast.

Now as I sit and write this post, I can see my boys in the lounge. Both in their pjs and dressing gowns ready for bed having spent all weekend either feasting or walking.  I realise that we have all had a wonderful weekend.

How was your weekend?
Did you eat as much cake as me?
Did you get out and enjoy the tentative first hints of spring?
Go on, what did you get up to?

I am going to do a few more posts and set them to publish through out the week, I am just not getting the time to post during the week - I hope you don't mind.

Hope you enjoy your Monday - I fully intend on doing so :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely birthday weekend. No we did not have as much cake as you!! But then we did not walk as much as you to burn it off!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great weekend.
    Mine was good too, I think the weather really helped. I mowed the lawn, tidied the garden and went for a stroll around RHS Hyde Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated Happy Birthday to your son :)

    It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Not much cake or walking here sadly, between trying (and failing) to finish the studio revamp and looking after my mother, who is now in hospital for a couple of days. In fact I need a quiet week to recover from my weekend!

    The sun's helping though, it's glorious here :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful.
    Happy belated birthday to the eldest.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.